You Say It's Your Birthday!

Thursday, May 04, 2006




My birthday was yesterday. In celebration I scrubbed and sealed the kitchen tile. What a party. It was so wild I injured my back being hunched over.

Chloe and I went to the Duck Pond, a county park that suprisingly enough is a pond with ducks and geese. There are walking trails, a dog park and a playground. Chloe and I had a picnic and were accosted by a goose. Chloe then played and we walked around the pond. I had to call it quits when she chased after the ducks and geese and tried to follow them into the pond.

Matt came home early and we went to eat at a local Indian food restaurant. Chloe behaved and managed to slurp down all of Matt's mango drink. The highlight of the meal is when Chloe let loose in her pants and shouted to the other diners "TOOT! TOOT! TOOOOOOOOT!" Matt laughed hysterically, our waiter, who was at the table, grinned and I tried to pretend to ignore the event. Of course, that wasn't good enough for Chloe because she was telling Mommy that she had tooted and wanted my seal of approval.

On Sunday I get to enjoy a day of pampering at the Bliss Spa in NYC. It is a gift from my dear hubby who had to twist some arms to get me an appointment (apparently it is quite a hot spot right now). Matt and Chloe will be enjoying Central Park and FAO Schwarz while I get a massage and facial. Ahhhhh, Bliss!

Chloe's birthday is coming next....the BIG TWO! I Tivo "Martha" (yes, yes, I do) and got my cake idea yesterday. Chloe is getting a monkey cake. I figure if I write it down on the blog then I have to do it.

Included in the photos of our afternoon at the Duck Pond is a photo of Chloe taken by Aunt Deanna during our Easter festivities. I thought it was too good not to put on the blog.

No comments