Chloe's Turn at the Pumpkin Patch

Wednesday, October 24, 2012
First, Chloe has been arguing with me that pumpkin is spelled "pumkin" and she swears her teacher spells it that way too. We've entered the stage where Chloe thinks I know nothing. So, I made her look it up. Oh yea! Now, I have to sneak into the school to see if Chloe's teacher is really spelling pumpkin as "pumkin", though I highly doubt it.
 
Chloe went with her Brownie troop to another farm/pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. I had to come and pick Chloe up early to take her to the orthodontist but I managed to get a few photos while I waited. 
 
I found this photo so amusing. The farm sits right in the middle of a huge industrial park and traffic is heavy all around as it sits off the Garden State Parkway. It doesn't feel like a day at the farm, but it definitely fits a day at the farm in NJ, the most densely populated state. This farm just sold off half of its acreage so a giant gourmet supermarket can be built. Kind of sad.


Chloe's Brownie troop.

No comments