Visitors!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Aunt Deanna and Uncle John came to visit last Wednesday and stayed with us through the weekend. It wasn't the best circumstances which brought them out, John's father passed away, but we enjoyed seeing them.

The weather through their stay was rainy and a little chilly, but we did have one good day of weather, Saturday. We walked into the village and had dinner outside at the local Greek restaurant and had a really great time. We ate like pigs throughout the weekend, and Chloe got to explore some new foods like sushi, which she bummed off Uncle John and she tried fried calamari, which she found to be a little chewy.

Chloe is fast approaching two and she is really coming along. I took her for a haircut today, as her bangs were in her eyes. No one caters to children's hair and I have a bug to start my own Snip-Its franchise though I know nothing about cutting or styling hair. I just can't believe that the closest children's hair salon is in NYC with all the little ones around. I know my child has a lot of hair, but it is really a more pleasant experience taking them to a kiddie hair salon vs. the adult salon. I ended up taking her to a local hair salon and she sat in my lap to get her haircut. Chloe looked confused as to why she was in my lap and why there was no "Baby Einstein" on a tv for her to watch while her hair was being cut. Instead, she settled on trying to look at what the stylist was doing with the scissors and turning her head everytime she went to make a cut. In the end it all turned out ok.

Chloe never ceases to surprise me and last week, while we were playing in the yard, she called out to me..."Shannon!". Isn't she a little young to be using my first name? I thought I would get to wait a couple of years before she figured that one out. I informed her that I was "Mommy". Hopefully it worked, as she hasn't called me by my first name again. I think with all the company and Matt she has figured out who Shannon and Matt are.

We are still finishing up some projects around the house. I went and bought some paint today for the family room, kitchen and the dining room. When I finish with that little project, I will move on to our master bedroom. It is supposed to be cool and wet here for the next few days so I thought I would seize an opportunity to get some things done indoors.

Chloe'a U.S. Passport arrived today. We had it expedited and it only took a week and 2 days! That was fast. It is so cute.





1 comment

Anonymous said...

Shannon, she is just the cutest thing. I finally got a chance to update your information so I thought I would check out the website-fabulous! I hope Jersey is doing good by you. We have a ton of freinds out there, specifically in Fairfield and Princeton. We are visiting freinds in une and I will be in phila for a visit. We miss you at Bunco! I have it this month-I hope the expectations are not too high as I just hope I can get it all done! Keep in touch!-Andrea