Outdoor Fun

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
This weekend we went and picked up Chloe's birthday present - a playhouse. I had searched the internet for a playhouse that could withstand a couple of NJ winters and that would be large enough for mommy to enter and to "cook" in the playhouse with Chloe. I narrowed my search down to two playhouses. After checking out prices, I couldn't believe the cost of a giant piece of plastic! I was able to search ebay and find the playhouses I wanted at half the cost. We ended up purchasing a playhouse that is about 7'x7' from a family in CT who had purchased it for their sons a year ago. Turns out the little boys preferred their sandbox. We had to rent a trailer to haul the playhouse. While Matt was dismantling the playhouse to fit in the trailer, Chloe jumped on the trampoline with the 2 boys. As we were leaving, the youngest son (who was a little older than Chloe) asked if we lived far and could Chloe come back to play. It was really cute.

Chloe is really enjoying the playhouse and loves to ring the doorbell and talk on the phone. There is a little table and 2 chairs inside. Hopefully she will get lots of enjoyment out of it.


Since the weather has been really nice and Chloe and I are outside most of the day, we ran up to the toy store and got some outside games. The store had one remaining 3-hole toddler golf course and as someone who once taught pre-schoolers/elementary kids golf fundamentals, I had to get it for Chloe. I set it up in the yard today and showed Chloe how to play. It will be great to work on some coordination and she definitely takes after Matt in her approach to golf (see her moving the ball closer to the hole with her hands? Her Daddy would call that a "give-me").






1 comment

Anonymous said...

BeBe can't wait to have tea when I come to visit.