A New Hobby

Saturday, July 28, 2007

When we were on vacation in the Outer Banks, one of our fellow vacationers took some great photos with his digital SLR camera. I mentioned to Matt that we should get a nice camera to take some great photos of our #1 subject matter-Chloe.

Today, my dear hubby bought me a very nice present---a Nikon D80. Its a very nice camera that is well-beyond my current capability. We were lucky in that all of Matt's lenses from his 35mm Nikon will fit this camera, so we didn't need to purchase any other items.

Of course, I still need to figure it all out. I need to read the owner's manual and watch the in-depth DVD on using the camera. I signed up to take a Nikon School course in September that will teach me more on using the camera and taking great photos.

This afternoon we went to a pool party at the home of one of our friends from vacation. I took the advice of the salesman at the camera shop and just shot photos to get to know the camera. I ended up taking 116 photos at the party! I will have to post a random sampling (won't be posting all 116 now) later.

Tomorrow we are off to a Porsche Club picnic and I am sure I will have lots of lovely Porsche portraits to take. In the meantime, I am off to sort through my photos and to begin reading my manual. I have a lot to recall and a lot to learn. My mind is already swimming with aperture and shutter speed settings. I am beginning to think that I should have the credits from my photo-journalism course in University removed from my transcript.

No comments