Room Makeover

Saturday, January 10, 2009
The pantry that we made a very special trip to seek out. The wall space is not very wide, so we had to find one to fit.
Inside of the new pantry/kitchen storage.

Another storage device for potatoes and onions for the kitchen.

How come when you want to spend money it doesn't seem you are able to find the thing you want to buy?

We have been searching for some time to find a recliner and a pantry cabinet for our family room. Our room size is small, so we are limited in what we can fit into the room.

For the past few weeks we have been searching for these pieces of furniture only to not find them. I've had a hunch where I could find the pantry cabinet, so this morning, I put Chloe in the car with a stack of DVD's and drove to Lancaster, PA to search in Amish country for a pantry and BINGO--first stop we found one.

I didn't tell Matt that we were going (I did tell my mother so someone knew our whereabouts), I wanted to surprise him. Unfortunately, Matt is a super sleuth and logged into the bank account to see that Chloe and I stopped for lunch at Son*ic and that we had spent some money at an Amish furniture store. I knew I should have paid cash. We don't have Son*ics in our neck of the woods, though for some strange reason they advertise in our tv market which makes us crave their tator tots and fountain drinks even more.
Chloe says she had a good day because she got to watch 3 movies, see horses, cows and carriages, eat tator tots and talk to an Amish girl! It doesn't take much to make her happy.
I'm happy because we can clear some counter space in our kitchen and put our new pantry to good use.

Sidenote: Matt liked the pantry. It inspired us to seek out a recliner on Saturday (in the middle of a snow storm). We also got a bigger coffee table with storage. Our room makeover is complete!

No comments