Photos of Our Trip to Big D

Monday, April 19, 2010
Chloe's school Spring Break was the week of Easter and was originally supposed to be a total of 7 school days off. After the winter break in February I decided to take Oliver and Chloe to Dallas to see my parent's and family for the break. We were gone a total of 12 days, April 1-12. In the end, Chloe's spring break was shortened to 5 days because of the nor'easter that caused power outages and shut down school for two days. I didn't change our trips plans--Chloe was supposed to miss only one day of school, but in the end she missed three. There went her perfect attendance!

Here's what we did in Dallas--


Fishing on PaPaw's farm. We all went to my Dad's farm. Chloe and PaPaw stayed on the farm while Aunt Deanna, BeBe, Oliver and I went to Canton--"the world's largest flea market", which is just down the road from my Dad's farm.

Dyed Easter Eggs. Those are PaPaw's hen's eggs which Chloe dyed.

Hunted Easter Eggs. Chloe found an egg with $5 inside and got lots and lots of candy.

Posed for photos. BeBe & Oliver by some cattle sculptures.

Chloe riding the cattle. We didn't get any photos in the bluebonnets. Next year, I hope to book a professional session while we are in Dallas and get nice photos of Chloe and Oliver in the fields of bluebonnets.

Played. Chloe gots lots of play time in. She and PaPaw played house, lacrosse, etc. Chloe is sliding down a giant slide at a local children's play center in this photo.

Oliver enjoying the mashed potatoes at dinner.

Went to the Dallas Arboreteum. Spring is the big tulip display and I got some great photos of Oliver and Chloe.

I love this photo because I think it captures the kids personalities so well.

PaPaw and Oliver at the Arboreteum.

3 comments

Grant's Mom said...

OMG, those are great! I love the one of Oliver and Chloe at the arboretum! Cute, cute and cute!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

I love seeing photos of Oliver eating! Happy & messy!

MommaT said...

Whoa! Olivers hair is getting so long! I love his grin! I miss texas sometimes, especially the bluebonnets