The Bug Hunter

Thursday, May 06, 2010


Seriously, I'm not over-exaggerating, Chloe could find a bug crawling on a bleacher a football field away. I don't worry about her eyesight. She was assisting me in the yard yesterday and in a matter of a few seconds she found a spider (which I never could see), a pill/doodlebug, a moth and a caterpillar. I never take notice of bugs, except for the occassional slug I may find while digging in the soil and the annoying wood bees that try to eat our shed every spring.

Chloe was so thrilled with the caterpillar that she ceased any help she was giving to feed and play with it. She named it "Leafy". I think he was eyeing my Impatiens and Chloe kept trying to feed him the leaves off my Geranium. "Don't encourage it!" I kept telling her.

We are on a mission this morning to find Leafy once again. If anyone can find it, I am certain it's Chloe.

Note: From what Chloe and I can surmise is Leafy is a cabbageworm or a clover worm caterpillar.

No comments