More Rain

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Chloe is running around the basement eating Ritz crackers and Lizzie the dog is outside for the first time today. It was pouring when we woke up this morning and 4 1/2 hours later it has stopped. The rain has been a common occurrence lately and the ground is saturated. There are fallen branches and dirt caked all over our patio. When the rain finally stops we will have some cleaning to do. Lizzie has been tracking in mud, so trying to keep the floor clean is useless. It is supposed to dry off Friday and I will attempt to clean the house then. In the meantime, Chloe and I have been playing in the basement where the majority of her toys are located. I have seized the opportunity to dust off some of my chic lit. books and have already managed to read one since the rains began this past weekend. I am now on my second. I am making pretty good time on them with stop-start reading during naps and down times. If I do manage to squeeze in 10 minutes to read when Chloe is awake, she will sit beside me with a book or magazine and pretend she is reading too. It is cute.

I have included a photo of Chloe and Daddy. Chloe has on her New York Yankees hat which has become a favorite accessory for her. She slept in it the other night and it is usually the first thing she puts on in the morning (which is when this photo was taken).

I hope you all are experiencing much better weather.

2 comments

Grant's Mom said...

New York Yankees fan...already?? I might have to get her an Angels hat from the SoCal people!! lol

Erin said...

Could you send some of that rain down South? It is hot, hot, hot here and we haven't seen any substantial rain in about 2 months. We are now having to conserve water. Ugh! And did I mention it's hot? :-) We miss you two and I love catching up on your blog.