Budding Artist

Sunday, August 06, 2006


I took Chloe to have some photos made at JC Penney last week. I kind of skipped her 2nd birthday photos, so I had to make up for it. We practiced all morning on our smile and what we should do in front of the camera. She did really well...at home. Once we arrived at the portrait studio I could tell Chloe thought the photographer was a nut job and wasn't going to cooperate. It was all "hold you, hold me, mommy" and in between that, Chloe just kept staring at her and giving her the "stink eye". When the photographer asked her to smile, Chloe replied, "NO!" (of course) and then stuck out her bottom lip. I purchased the photo. It's going to be put in Chloe's yearbook or school newspaper her senior year of high school. I'm buying the ad and putting this photo in. It's classic Chloe. Besides that, we managed to get about 6 good shots of the day. It'll do.

During our hot weather spell, Chloe and I painted. She had the basic idea, but not entirely. She would take the paint brush out of the cup of water and run it along her paper. She never dipped it in any paint. I kept trying to show her, but she just enjoyed painting with water. She helped me make a portrait of flowers, of course, she helped wipe off and dilute the paint because she was painting with water .Whatever floats your boat.

The heat wave seems to be over (for now) and the weather is really nice. Chloe and I have been going back to the park and playground. We actually got to enjoy our patio again.

Chloe and I want to send a shout out to all of our pals and cousins in Texas who are back at school. We have another month here before school re-opens. I can't believe it is already time to go back. In September, Chloe and I will be taking a pre, pre-school class. It is 1 day a week and is set in a pre-school setting. It allows pre-schoolers to check out the pre-school environment with their parent in tow. Should be fun. We will see if my teaching instincts come back and I push the teacher out of the way and take over. DOUBTFUL.

1 comment

Grant's Mom said...

I love Chloe's smile!!! Your painting looks nice, Shannon.