IT'S FINALLY HERE, SO DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE!!

Monday, August 28, 2006
I worried that my rant last week was just me whining about something that was out of my control (my hubby's words). But, now I don't care because guess what arrived on Saturday??? Our I-171H arrived!!! YIPPEEE!!! I spent several hours this weekend looking over our dossier and getting it in to order, and then re-checking it and then re-checking it again. By my calculations, we should have our dossier sent to China in September and will probably have our dossier logged-in at the China Center for Adoption (CCAA) in October. Hey, it's only 4 months later than we anticipated. I laughed at myself because as I was looking over our dossier making certain that everything was in order, all the old worries and fears I had doing this same thing for Chloe's adoption come creeping back. You think this would be old hat, but it's not. Now, in all my excitement, what should I see pop-up today when I log into my email? Mass hysteria on my China adoption Yahoo! groups over rumors that China is going to place more restrictions on those eligible to adopt. I have to ask myself, "Myself, why do I bother to join and even read these things?". Once again proving, that even though this is our 2nd adoption, you are still likely to fall into the silliness you had during your 1st adoption. Some of these rumors are worrisome and some are so ridiculous they are laughable. Nevertheless, they aren't going to bring me down. We are going to keep on truckin', get our dossier in and wait. Until we hear something official from our agency, I'm not panicking. Now, that IS something I learned during adoption #1.

Now, on to our weekend. It rained all weekend, which was a bummer. We walked into town on Saturday and had lunch and then hung around the old homestead. We did have one hysterical incident on Saturday. Chloe has really started enjoying running around sans diaper. You have to chase her down to put one on and then it is usually a struggle. So, late Saturday afternoon she was running around the house bare-bottomed. We decided to head to Barnes and Noble. I was in the middle of a bow-making marathon and had to clean up. My tooth-obsessed husband ran upstairs to brush his teeth. Chloe grabbed her shorts and her Crocs and headed upstairs to brush her teeth with Daddy. After I cleaned up and Matt & Chloe came back downstairs ready to go so we headed out the door. In Barnes and Noble, Chloe was excited and insisted on walking/running and screaming like a banshee (she loves books). I was chasing behind her and noticed that her shorts kept drooping. I kept pulling them up and they kept sliding down. I finally picked her up and noticed we forgot to put her diaper on, that's why the shorts kept falling! I couldn't stop laughing. I found Matt who was seeking out a book, and he told me she dressed herself and didn't remember that she didn't have on a diaper. It hadn't occurred to me either. I decided I would make a mad dash back home for a diaper as B&N is only 5 minutes away from our house. As soon as I pulled into the driveway I heard, "Mommy, pee-pee". Too late. Chloe was soaked and so was her car seat. I changed Chloe (and remembered to put on her diaper) but I couldn't get the car seat out of the car! So, Chloe and I had to come rolling up in style in Daddy's Porsche. Of course, Daddy was surprised. I guess the moral of the story is, when Chloe dresses herself, be sure to cheer but also check to see if all the necessaries are there too.

On Sunday, we went to a area Porsche club autocross. Matt wimped out and didn't bring his car. We watched from the sidelines. It really was quite entertaining. Of course, my favorite is making fun of the slow drivers and the crazy people who drive off course. Now, I certainly couldn't figure out which way to go on the course or drive it that well, that's why I am a spectator, a very critical spectator. Hey, it keeps me entertained and I do cheer these people on, especially the ones out there for the 1st time! Anyway, there was one car in particular that was all over the course and driving it about 30 mph. I said, "look at that grandma, they better speed up or the person behind is going to catch up" and next thing I know, for the remainder of the day, Chloe's catch phrase was "Speed up Grandma!". It really was cute, although a reminder to watch what you say b/c Chloe is a little parrot. Later in the morning it began to rain and that made for more entertainment b/c as the track got wet, it got slippery and there were some spinouts. Chloe enjoyed watching them. I only have one photo of Chloe at the event. I will be sure and post more when Matt hits the track at the next club autocross. I can't wait for Chloe to tell him to "speed up grandma".

No comments