Chloe-isms

Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I had a doctor's appointment today and Chloe came with me. We were reading a counting book in the waiting room. On one page in the book, there is a drawing of 5 children playing with play-doh and it asks how many hands are working with play-doh. The answer is 9 (one little girl is holding a teddy bear in one hand). I ask Chloe to count the number of hands and she counts 15. I ask her to count the number of children in the picture and she counts 5. I then ask her to recount the number of hands. She counts 19.

Attempting to get her to "think" about how many hands and how many people (2 hands and 5 people would make a maximum of 10 hands) are in the picture, I ask, "Chloe, how many hands do you have?". Chloe's response, "I have enough hands". And, yes, she was being sassy when she said it.

Later that afternoon, Chloe and I went to our playgroup and I retold the story. Their response? She totally got her sassiness from me because it sounded just like something I would say. Well, I guess I have honest friends.

One more Chloe-ism...Chloe asked me how old I was. I told her 34. I could see she was thinking about my response and after a pause, she then looks at me very seriously, points her finger at me and says, "Mommy, are you 3 or are you 4? Which one are you?". Too cute.

No comments