Halloween Outfit #1

Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Chloe has two Halloween costumes this year and both are similar in style. How did she end up with two?

At the beginning of August, I ordered and payed for a hand-made Halloween costume for Chloe from a seller on E*ay. I thought it would arrive way in advance of Halloween. As September came to a close, I began to panic because the costume had not shown up after nearly 2 months of waiting. I repeatedly emailed the seller to inquire and would on occasion get a response with some excuse why it was taking so long and that it would be mailed out that week, which it never did--well, until today.

In the meantime, I began to panic that the costume I ordered way back in August would not arrive in time for the 3 costume parties Chloe will be attending. To make matters worse, I couldn't just run up to the party/costume shop to purchase a new one because a) it was hand-made/custom and b)Chloe had seen what I ordered and fully expected to be a princess/butterfly/ballerina for Halloween and I didn't think the store would have that costume. OY! So, I got on E*ay, found another seller who had a custom/hand-made butterfly/princess costume that she could get to me the week the parties begin.

See, in actuality the first costume I ordered was a fairy but Chloe was convinced it was a butterfly/princess/ballerina costume because it had lots of tulle for the skirt, wings and a crown of flowers. So, I had to find something similar---a monarch butterfly costume with lots of tulle, wings and a crown of flowers. Now she has two and she's VERY excited.

I had thought of saving one for next Halloween, but both have been sized to fit her current chest and head size. Since I fully expect her to grow in the next year, I don't think that plan will work out. And, in case you think I spent a butt-load of money on two outfits, I didn't. That's why I so love E*ay. At a recent arts & crafts fair there was a vendor selling the hand-made tulle princess/fairy, butterfly costumes for little girls. I got Chloe's two outfits for the price of that vendor's one outfit and people were lined up to buy them! I wanted to shout out go to E*ay but at the time, I didn't have Chloe's outfit yet and was a bit miffed that it was taking so long.

I took some photos of Chloe in her Halloween outfit #1 today to see how it fit. She loves it and informed me that she wanted to wear it the rest of the day. She then told me the outfit was scratchy but she still wanted to leave it on. I will have to put a leotard and tights on her to keep the scratchiness at bay.




5 comments

JoAnn in NJ said...

Shannon!
What a gorgeous costume! I love it and am very envious that Kelsey is wearing the same costume as last year (Indian princess)

Chloe, as always, looks beautiful!

Care to share the ebay costumer's name?

Have a happy Halloween, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Pretty Fairy Princess please grant my wish.

I wish you were coming to my door this Halloween.

Love,

BeBe

Anonymous said...

Good thing we live in different states because I was going to go as a princess/butterfly/ballerina for Halloween this year as well. - DCG

Lori said...

She looks beautiful in her costume. It's adorable! My boys have been wearing their costumes all month! Even sleeping in them!!

Tammy said...

Great blog. I clicked over to your blog from 'Digging a Hole to China'. Your daughter is adorable, but surely you already know that. ;)

BTW, Lancaster County farmland is beautiful - it's my neck of the woods. Anyhoo, if you ever get a chance to visit Hershey Park again, it's worth visiting at Christmas. Mmmmm hot chocolate & caroling. We go every year.