Chloe's Presidential History

Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I am a former U.S. History teacher so it would only be logical that my daughter's dinner time placemat is of the President's of the United States. Nightly at dinner, Chloe will point to the Presidents and ask, "who's that?" and I tell her. Now, I give you Presidential History according to Chloe. I have to say in just the short time we have been talking about the president's she already far surpasses my 8th graders in presidential knowledge. Can you name the first 5 presidents in order (its a required skill on the Texas Ass!essment of Knowled!ge and Skills in 8th grade).

It's not on the video, but tonight at dinner I was telling Chloe that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence and I began quoting it for her. I got to "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that....", when Chloe interrupted to say, "NO, all men and girls are created equal". Smart cookie that one.



No comments