Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day...

Friday, February 06, 2009
Last year we received the season flier from our county performing arts center. This group was on the season tour and Matt went wild. So wild that he bought 10 tickets on the 5th row. We invited two of our friends from Dallas to attend with us, he works for a company in NYC and was in town. Matt gave the tickets to his team at work. We made an event of it.

I made reservations for us to have dinner at a well-reviewed Vietnamese restaurant near the performing arts center and then we went to the concert. It turned out to be a very fun night. I was worried at first because the band came out, started to play and the people just sat there. We were even told to be quiet by the "older" group in front of us. WHAT? You're at a concert, on the 4th row and you tell us to be quiet---they weren't even singing. Later on the lady who first told us to be quiet, laid her head on her husband's shoulder and fell asleep? You picked this concert to take a nap?

All in all, we had a great time. I questioned Matt's sanity when he nearly bought out the row, but I have to say it was worth it. So, for your viewing pleasure I leave you with a video (not taken by me, it was on Y*ou Tu*be) of the "experience". Yes, at the end of the concert they have a giant pink pig that flies overhead.




2 comments

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, I would have LOVED to see that show! I love them! Did the audience ever perk up? And how in the world could you possibly go to sleep during PF?

Looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

"How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,year after year,
running over the same old ground. What have we found?

The same old fears,wish you were here."

I would of so been there if I had known.

- D