Camping Excursion

Thursday, June 18, 2009




When Chloe and I visited my parents back in April, we decided when my mom and sister came out to camp in Am*ish Country in Pennsylvania. Its beautiful, convenient to a lot of sites and would be a good camping location. It was my mother and sister's first time in an RV so I wanted them to have a nice experience at a nice campground. I was familiar with the area and new a good location to camp.
Chloe loves camping and as long as they have a swimming pool, she is fine with anywhere.

We set out on Sunday after Chloe's Sunday School performance at church. I drove the RV and Matt rode behind on his motorcycle. Matt had to return to work during the week and rode down with us because I cannot back up the RV to save my life. Deanna wanted to get in a 80-100 mile bike ride and had plotted a route from NJ to Delaware that wasn't on busy streets that she could bike on. About an hour and a half into our trip we dropped her and her bicycle off at her starting point and away she peddled.

During this "drop off" we lost the whereabouts of Matt on his motorcycle. We spent the better part of the afternoon making cell phone calls and waiting in a Wally World parking lot to meet up. In the end, we got set back a couple of hours on our journey and Matt got a speeding ticket on his motorbike by a PA patrolman who thought he had caught a younger man on a faster bike!

We finally made it to the campground after quite an expedition. Deanna had not made it to the site yet, so we set up camp and Matt rode his motorcycle back home to NJ. Around dinner time, when our camp cook had not shown up (aka Deanna), we placed a couple of phone calls to locate her and found out she was still some 30 miles away. Starving, we took it upon ourselves to load into the car and find her on the GPS.

We finally found Deanna, got something to eat and were set to camp in Pennsylvania. We toured Am*ish country, went to the outlets and to Hershe*y. It was a great camping trip and Chloe even got to squeeze in a swim. Best of all, we missed the rainstorms in northern NJ.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

I sound like I'm a moron in your post. New Jersey to Delaware? No wonder I didn't make it to the Amish country in Pennsylvannia.

Shannon said...

Oops, I meant across the Delaware River. But, sister, if the shoes fits....