Cuppa Tea Love

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I love the weather this time of year, when it's not raining, and lately it's been raining--all but 4 days so far in June. But it seems every minute of every day is booked. Chloe has her 5th birthday party this weekend and I am trying to get it all organized. Getting Chloe to commit to a cake or any presents she may want has been difficult. She finally said she wanted a tie-dyed cake and we got that ordered. Other than a trip to the beach in Mexico, she has made no other present requests...and I don't think that we can squeeze that request in right now.

Tuesday was my last day to coop at Chloe's preschool. I brought in every kids favorite, Dunki*n Donu*ts and we celebrated Chloe's birthday after the kids spent 2 hours practicing for their graduation. Chloe will graduate preschool this Thursday and it appears to be developing into quite an event. Since it is a parent-run school, that means that all the mom's of the graduates have been assigned tasks to perform for this Thursday's event. Several moms spent the morning working on props for graduation. I had to pay $40 for the graduation presents for the kids and was assigned to buy 8 bouquets of flowers for the paid staff. I am sure that all the costs and work will be well worth it on the day.

Chloe's first teacher at the coop invited her for ice cream today. She was Chloe's 2's preschool teacher and Chloe loves and adores her. She is the nicest lady and I am certain that Chloe will never forget her. Even now, Chloe still goes into her classroom to visit her and never a day goes by at preschool without Chloe popping in to say hello to Mrs. Emmett. So, after preschool let out today, Chloe and her best friend went to meet Mrs. E at the ice cream shop. I was driving them and listening to the conversation. Gianna, Chloe's best friend was telling some story about her parents and said that her father calls her mother "sweetheart". Chloe interrupted to share, "My Dad calls my mom, 'Cuppa Tea Love'." She even said it with an English accent. I nearly wrecked the car laughing so hard. Needless to say, after telling this story to Matt, I am no longer, "Pookie" but "Cuppa". This is priceless.


Besides graduating from preschool, Chloe has begun to read. Quite randomly she went and got some of the B*ob books that have been sitting on the book shelf and wanted to read them to me. She sat in my lap, opened one and read! She had never looked at the book before. We haven't pushed her to read and I don't want to push her now but since last week she has brought me a book daily so she can practice "reading". I have been very impressed with the words she can read and find it a little humorous that there is one word that hangs her up everytime--the word "the". I am certain that once she keeps seeing "the" she will just know it, but it does make me chuckle a little when she points to it and says, "what's that word again"?

No comments