Flash Day 7-6-09

Tuesday, July 07, 2009
At 5:00 p.m. yesterday we became the official parents of Bromwich's Cauzin Trouble to whom we now refer to as "Flash". We took Lizzie with us to get Flash and overall she has been very good. He bit her on her side last night and she out him in his place pretty quickly. He whimpered and cowered and I felt so bad for him that I picked him up and held him.

He didn't do so well on the car ride home. He got car sick on Matt.

He slept well last night in his crate. Only one or two whimpers. Lizzie slept on the bed, snuggled between us, sleeping with one eye open I am sure.

We have been up with Flash for 2.5 hours, and I am convinced that puppies are harder than infants. He is in to everything and redirecting him proves to be hard work. So far we have had more "piddles" outside than in and that's a good thing. We thought we puppy-proofed the house, but Flash decided to show us a few more things we could put away---the laptop charger, my rug in the family room with the chewy tassles, Chloe's monkey chair.

I am sure Flash will feature in many of the posts, but I am setting a goal to post a "Flash Report" on the 6th of every month with a photo so we can document his growth.

Below are some photos of our first day at home with Flash:

Chloe takes Flash on his leash. He is very good on the leash, which is impressive at his age.


Matt and his special boy.

Lizzie and her new shadow.

The boy.





1 comment

Katie said...

TOO CUTE! I love those puppy days, but I competely agree that they're harder to deal with than infants. However...harder than two year olds that drink out of dog bowls...I'm not so sure :). Can't wait to see him get bigger in the pics!