Slugs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Really its just the later. I found THIS in my garden today... DIGGING.


It looks like Flash the roto-tiller has removed our pumpkin plants and our remaining beets and radishes. He apparently likes tomatoes because he ran out of the garden with one. I resecured the fence and I am hoping its "Flash-proof". I had to repair the damage and I pulled out the radishes and beets. The tomatoes are starting to ripen daily and the cucumbers are growing. Some of my tomato varieties are not fairing as well as others, as a few appear to have a fungus causing them to rot before they ripen.

Despite Flash's digging and the fungus, I was able to do some harvesting (with Chloe's assistance of course).



2 comments

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

So cute, but so naughty! Our dog likes to get our tomatoes too!

Pizzamoma said...

Shannon,
I came across your blog through TAFRU and I'm glad I did. Love your blog and also jumped over to Oliver's site as well.
We hope your referral is here soon. We waited for a referral when we were adopting our daughter from Guatemala and ended up having to switch agencies. The pity parties were a daily event at our house.
I have to comment on Flash. My girlfriend has two beautiful puppies that she's trying to give away but no one will take them after she posted photos of them destroying tomatoes and digging in the garden. I had to laugh.
If your interested, our blog is http://pizzamoma.blogspot.com.
Take care and good luck.
Deb