BBQ & Boating

Monday, June 28, 2010

We seriously like BBQ. I'm talking wake up early in the morning and stoke the coals and wood chips in the smoker kind of BBQ. I have my BBQ bible that I use to tell me the exact concotions of rubs (we're dry rub BBQ fans here) and I make our mop sauces using the same BBQ bible. We decided to invite some friends over to enjoy our first firing up of the smoker. On the menu:
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Brisket
  • Smoked Ham
  • Smoked bratwursts
  • Pulled pork
  • Cole Slaw
  • Potato Salad
  • Barbecue Beans
  • Watermelon
  • Cantaloupe
  • Pecan Pie
  • Banana Pudding
  • Peach Cobbler with ice cream
With the exception of the Pecan Pie (I bought it) and the watermelon and cantaloupe everything was from scratch. The food turned out great and the kids kept themselves and us entertained with water gun fights. It was a great time. Unfortunately, I took one picture the entire time. It's a photo of all the kids washing a friends red Porsche (Matt decided to channel their energy and love for water and spraying others with water into something productive).



On Sunday, we took the boat out for the inaugural excursion. It was a great time. We rode around the lake and would anchor and swim. Both kids did great. We had a fun time on a beautiful lake. The combo of sun and fun wiped us all out and everyone called it an early night.

Chloe observing while Daddy takes the boat out of the dock.

Going for a swim in the lake.
Chloe with her beloved super soaker.
Oliver manning the bow of the boat.

No comments