Boating Memories

Thursday, July 29, 2010
My mom sent me these photos, without express consent of publishing them on the blog, and they are too priceless not to share.

This is the boat we had when I was a little girl. Sharp, isn't it? I can see Matt and I share the love of a matching boat & trailer with my parents. Nice.

Seriously...doesn't this look like the most depressing landscape ever? I can see why my parents bought a boat---to look at something other than dead trees, power lines and a rusty swingset next door. Good on you mom and dad!

And here's the crew--

We're on Lake Ouachita (in Arkansas). That's BeBe, Deanna (in yellow) and supposedly that little girl in the red life jacket is me--but that smile totally doesn't look like mine but the cow lick in the bangs is me. I like the black interior--must have felt nice in the hot sun. I also like how we're obviously dressed and ready to go in the water. Nice tube socks Deanna!

And finally---
me, asleep on the boat (I guess that was my only option since I obviously wasn't swimming in the floral, puff-sleeve blouse I was wearing).

Good times!

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Disco Fever Baby!! - Priceless photo of the boat. Two things missing
1 - Need a woody wagon to be pulling it
2 - Picture of David is a 1978 leisure suit

Lastly, how sweet does my Pookie look eh!

-Matt

Anonymous said...

I think we were going pleasure boating that evening, not swimming or skiing. I don't think those children's life jackets would pass any kind of safety standards today! They look like more of a hazard than if we didn't have one on at all. Love our outfits and wasn't mom a total babe?

- Deanna

MommaT said...

The clothes are a hoot, especially your Moms outfit! BTW you were an adorable little girl and a wonderful woman!