The Halloween Parade

Saturday, October 30, 2010
I remember last year's Halloween parade at Chloe's elementary school. I kept thinking to myself that I would have two children at the 2010 parade. Oliver would be in a stroller, wearing the pumpkin costume I had already purchased for him while watching his sister parade by as the Statue of Liberty or Supergirl.

Well, this year wasn't exactly what I imagined, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. My kids are their own people and they definitely like to show it.

Here's our boy---Yes, yes, he's in a stroller but not in his pumpkin costume. He's not going as a pumpkin this year (Daddy nixed the pumpkin---he told me Oliver would never forgive me) but as a Grand Canyon Park Ranger. It was drizzling and cold, so I didn't want to put him in his costume.



As with all good intentions, the parade was to start at 1:45 p.m. but there was some scrambling because of the cold and wet weather and the parade was delayed by about 20 minutes. We had arrived early to get a good spot to take photographs of the parade (but got pushed out by two moms who showed up late--thanks) but with the late start, Oliver had had enough of sitting and waiting and looking at people pile up and line up around the school. He didn't care if it was 50 degrees and raining, he wasn't going to wear his shoes. No way, no how. After about 6 attempts at putting his shoes and socks back on him, I gave up. Oliver remained in his stroller the rest of the parade like this---




And as for Chloe, she was the star of the show for us. I had to do some manuevering to take a shot of her in the actual parade---

but I got one. And, no she's not the Statue of Liberty, a princess or Supergirl. She's this guy---


She couldn't wear her helmet and other accesories because masks weren't allowed at school. After the parade, we made our way to the field for group photos. It was actually pretty easy to get a group shot of Chloe's class because all the kids were watching and laughing at a 16-month old boy in a red stroller, waving his socks and throwing his shoes, letting out shrieks and screams that could pierce your eardrums. A special thanks goes out to Oliver for making the group photo a pretty easy and quick event.
Chloe's 1st grade class
I also got some photos with Chloe and some of her favorite pals in class. Chloe's best friend in class is dressed as the vampire. Her other best pal in class is the construction worker (in the above photo). Two guesses as to what she wants to be for Halloween next year?



1 comment

Anonymous said...

If Chloe wants to be a construction worker next year, I know where she can get Carharts. Also, a Grand Canyon Park Ranger is really cool!