Photo Shoot

Friday, October 22, 2010
This may be giving too much away, but I had the children's photos taken yesterday by a professional photographer. I have two sneak peek photos. I'm keeping the others under wraps because one is going on our annual Christmas card and the others will be framed and sent to the grandparents as Christmas presents.

I didn't want to go to a studio for the photos. I wanted photos taken outside that would capture the kids personalities. I don't know why I thought this would be an easy task. Oliver is walking now and into everything. Last time I had Chloe and Oliver's photos taken, Oliver wasn't walking, or crawling for that matter. That was easy. Yesterday we took the photos at a nearby county park. There were deer to see, geese to chase, rocks to put in our mouth and acorns and sticks to pick up. Sitting nicely for a portrait wasn't priority one for Oliver. Chloe, on the other hand, was fantastic.

We spent 1 hour and 45 minutes taking photos. Our photographer assured me she got some good photos of Oliver. I think that is why she sent me this photo of him, as reassurance.
I am pretty sure that photo was taken towards the end of the shoot, when Oliver had worn himself out. He spent most of the time playing chase. As in we chased him down while he chased geese. The photo shoot also required an immediate bath before dinner. To put it delicately, someone stepped in a lot of goose poo, which then got over their pants, etc., etc., etc. Lets just say it won't be a photo shoot I or our photographer forgets easily.

I love this one of Chloe. I love that you can see her missing teeth and the playfulness and joyfulness she exudes. I can't wait for the rest of the photos and to create our Christmas cards!

1 comment

MommaT said...

Those are great photos...I look forward to seeing the other ones...your kids are just too adorable:)