Ready to Put Away the Coats

Wednesday, April 20, 2011
The tulips in the front yard are blooming...come on spring.
After Texas, I totally have spring fever. I just want to put away the coats. The weathermen forcasted 72 degrees today. At 1:00 p.m., it's 50 degrees and doesn't appear that it will come anywhere near 70. Its damp, overcast and chilly.

Expecting nice weather today, I made plans to work in the garden preparing it for planting. The weather didn't work out, but I started the garden anyway.

Chloe and I managed to start some seeds earlier in the week and make a run to the garden center to get some supplies. Last year our vegetable garden didn't do too well thanks in part to the record heat and the 105 lb. dog that trampled through it. Chloe and I have big plans for this year's vegetable garden so we are doing what we can to protect it.

The new barrier gate to prevent Flash from trampling the garden. Last year we used garden netting and it did little to deter him.

We have to protect the yellow baby doll watermelon we are growing from seed along with our tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, onions, pole beans and carrots.

I couldn't resist strawberries. I grow these in a pot.
Getting tomato plants this early means we are destined to have a freeze. Ugh!

Don't you wish you had two large dogs so your backyard could look this lovely?

Flash surveying the new fencing.




The swingset has arrived. Guess what we are doing Easter weekend?

The mess maker. It's 10:30 a.m. in this photo and I already have to change his clothes!

No comments