Mother's Day Program

Friday, May 09, 2014
Oliver's pre-school class hosted a Mother's Day tea. They sang us a song and then we had bagels and treats. Oliver picked out his outfit the night before. He picked it all out himself. I didn't even argue when he put out his worn, winter shoes to wear with it.  He told me he wanted to "look handsome" for the performance. Oliver also shared that he finds it embarrassing when everyone tells him he's handsome because he's "a little bit shy".

I ask  you, look at this photo.

Does that look like a kid who doesn't like attention and to be noticed? Ha! Center of the class. Before the kids started their song, he blew me a kiss and told me not to cry. It got a lot of "AWWWWWWWS" from the other Moms.

Oliver's Mother's Day card to me.

He got lots of attention. And he didn't act shy. AT ALL. AS USUAL. His friend, Matteo, asked if Oliver was "going on a date" later.

Oliver and his pal.

The kids also made a vase with flowers. I love what Oliver loves about me. So Oliver. They even wrote it like he talks--his refusal to use "she" instead of "her".
What Oliver loves about me. And, for the record, I don't make him clean. I do ask that he pick up his stuff.

1 comment

Alyson and Ford said...

Loved catching up on your family; we've been blogging for about the same amount of time and share news mainly with family. Your littles are all great! I have my Mother's Day program tomorrow with little daughter in first grade.
Happy Mother's Day!

Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Family Day 09/16/2008