Mini-BeBe

Monday, February 12, 2007
There is a clothing store frequented by Chloe's BeBe and while I do get catalogs and mailings for this clothing store, I wouldn't shop there for myself. It's just not my style. It's a great style for my mom (Chloe's BeBe). I hate to offend anyone out there who loves this store and is MY age but, I only see "Baby Boomer" women in the store which is why I am surprised to learn that they are carrying toddler and children's clothing for girls. I just didn't imagine this store venturing into this market. I can't wait to get their next mailer to see how they market their children's clothing. I keep imagining shots of toddlers on a ship's deck modeling the wrinkle-free, mix and match travel wear with matching bangles and geometric necklaces because that kind of stuff is important to toddlers and mother's of toddlers.

Of course, since BeBe is a frequent shopper of this merchant she was probably the first to actually buy something from their new children's line. Chloe is sporting it in the photo below. I called her mini-BeBe all day in her wrinkle-free cotton shirt and comfortable cotton pants. I guess the era of mother-daughter outfits is out and the era of grandmother-granddaughter outfits is in. And hey, I'm not complaining if BeBe is buying because it's a bit pricey and surprisingly well-made.

Through the power of Photoshop and Aunt Deanna we can now imagine together:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I should have bought a shirt for myself and we could have matching outfits.

BeBe loves it!!!!

Shannon said...

Well Mom, your wish is our command.

Kelley said...

Too funny Shannon! I have a pair of that store's travel pants and LOVE them. They went with me to China -- twice! But, I guess that I am technically a baby boomer...I'm just in denial!