Musical Tutu's and Sometimes I Get the Creeps

Thursday, February 08, 2007
We returned from the doctor's office today to find a big package at our front door. The package couldn't have come at a better time since Chloe is suffering from a virus that has caused her to have a hacking cough.

The package was from BeBe and inside was a bounty of goodies for Chloe. BeBe sent Chloe her collection of Beanie Babies, a Valentine's shirt, a monkey with hearts, stickers and a Valentine's Etch a Sketch. In the the box was Chloe's favorite item, a musical tutu that plays "Swan Lake". Chloe has been dancing around the house in her tutu trying to figure out where the music is coming from.

Our doctor told us this virus has been making it's rounds. Matt woke up ill this morning and just as I began to wonder how I escaped the virus my throat started hurting.

It seems as if we will be staying indoors for the next couple of days and canceling all playgroups and pre-school activities. That will give me time to hunt down the poltergeist that is inhabiting our home. I don't believe in such things but over the last 2 days we have had some occurences that have given me the creeps. It started two nights ago when I was putting Chloe to bed. We were reading a book and I suddenly heard talking downstairs. I stopped reading and walked to the top of our stairs to listen. It was Chloe's puppy dog going through it's "Let's sing and play games" routine. I thought maybe our crazy dog had hit it and turned it on but then I turned to see the dog laying on the bed in our room, upstairs. The stupid toy would not shut up. It kept going through its entire song and game repetoire for 10 minutes. It was creepy, especially since there was no one downstairs to press it's foot to turn it on.

During Chloe's bath last night the biggest fly I have ever seen came into the bathroom and flew around. I managed to rid ourselves of the fly after it landed on the hallway light, but found it bizarre that a giant fly could survive in weather with highs of 25 degrees. Then later in the night I put our dog outside. I went to let her back in and noticed the basement light was on (which it wasn't when I put the dog out). I asked Matt if he had turned on the light in the basement and he said he hadn't.

Then today our telephone has decided to randomly start dialing during phone conversations. I tried to make a phone call this afternoon but there was no dial tone only the sound of a fax machine. I went to turn off our fax machine to see that it was not connected to the phone line.

I am certain that there are reasonable and scientific explanations for all of these occurences but with them all together in a matter of days, it gives me the creeps.

No comments