Winter is Still Here

Wednesday, March 07, 2007
It's 19 degrees and it's March 7. The first day of spring is roughly 13 days away and we have snow. So, I am happy to report that I booked Chloe and my flight to Dallas for Easter. I never thought Dallas would rank #1 for my places to escape winter, but hey, its 70 there today, that's 51 degrees warmer than here. And, we will get to see PaPaw and BeBe for Easter. We just learned that PaPaw has little chicks. Chloe will be excited to visit them on PaPaw's farm.

Speaking of Chloe & PaPaw's farm, she has had some funny comments as of late. So, I'm listing her latest below---

  • When asked where she lives, Chloe says, "Chloe lives on PaPaw's farm." (ok, that was out of left-field)

  • Driving to the train station, we passed a car dealership where the cars on the lot were covered in snow. Chloe said, "Look Mommy! The cars are hiding!"

  • We were leaving pre-school the other day and Chloe kept saying, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" I asked her if she was Santa Claus and she responded, "No, Mommy, I don't like Santa Claus but Mommy does. Mommy says Santa is nice. I don't like him anyway."

  • Chloe likes coins and she was playing/looking at a quarter in the car. I asked her if she could tell me the name of the person on the quarter. Much to my amazement she responded, "George Washington Bridge". I was stunned. True, it is George Washington and not the GW Bridge on the quarter, but hey it's pretty good for a 2.5 year old especially since I have never discussed who was on the quarter with her before.

No comments