Where's Spring?

Monday, March 05, 2007
It's snowing...in March. It was 60 degrees here Saturday and now it is snowing. I'm talking snow...lots of it. We couldn't wait to use the snow thrower and now I never want to see it again. Unbelievable. Where is that groundhog? He obviously lied.

On another note: Chloe and I ran some errands this morning and we stopped into Starbucks for a latte. Chloe informed me while we were waiting for my drink that she had to potty. So, we went to the potty! Yea Chloe! She also informed me that she had to go potty in the next store we visited and the next store and the next. It wasn't just a desire to check out the potty in a new store. She really had to go. This potty training is going to put a major damper on the errand and shopping excursions if I spend the majority of my time searching for the toilet. ;)

And another note: If you checked out Emma Claire's blog then you have read that referrals arrived today. China did not refer as many LIDs as had been hoped. For those of us waiting it just keeps getting more depressing as it seems our referrals keep getting further and further away. If referrals keep coming at the current pace then we are looking at a 2.5 year wait and a mid 2009 referral. Our agency also sent out a note informing people that pursuing other options (adopting domestically or from another country or fertility treatments) could delay your referral from China because the CCAA requires a child (adopted or biological) be in the home for 1 year before a child adopted from China is placed in the home. This just really upset me as it seems to slam the door for other options. We had discussed having 3 children but with the growing wait and now this new kink in the plan it seems 3 children is a growing impossibility (and at this point it seems 2 as well) as we aren't getting any younger. I don't quite comprehend why a biological child has to be one year old before bringing an adoptive child into the home. It just irks me that the CCAA is now making regulations on my reproduction. But, what is one to do? Matt says we should submit a petition to the CCAA that if Chloe remains an only child for another 2.5 years she will be an unbearable brat! I don't think they will buy it. Maybe I should send in a videotape of her playing the game Memory with me. If she doesn't find the match after turning over the 2nd card then she just keeps going until she finds the match! When I tell her she can't do that and she can only turn over 2 cards, she screams, "It's Chloe's turn!” throws the cards at me and lets out the highest pitched squeal. Time out anyone? Maybe that would convince them...you think?

No comments