Random Acts of Chloe

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I thought I would share some random events in the life of Chloe lately....


  • Chloe's pre-school teacher told me that Chloe decided to stand up in circle time and tell everyone that she can spell the month, "F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y". Where she learned this I have no clue. Her teacher was so impressed. She would not spell it for me though.


  • Chloe has her 1st "BIG girl" playdate without Mommy. She has been invited to a friend's house to play on Thursday afternoon. She is quite excited about it.


  • Bingo, Chloe's Betta died Monday. True, this is Bingo #4 or something like that, but the big difference was that we thought we would be honest this time (instead of just replacing the fish while Chloe is in pre-school like nothing happened) and tell her what happened. I explained that Bingo died, he lived a long life and that he was a good fish and that it is the cycle of life. Chloe's response, "OK, can we go to the pet store and get a new Bingo right now?" She was over that one quick! So, the next day Chloe and I went to the pet store to get a new Betta. She promptly informed the lady who assisted us that she is getting a new Bingo because old Bingo died and the new fish MUST look like old Bingo---red with long fins. We then looked at 20+ Bettas to find the one that looked most like old Bingo. This was a bit of deja vu...wasn't this what I did when I snuck the new fish in the tank?

    During our visit to the pet store Chloe also told me that she knew her spotted fish (i.e. male guppies)in her aquarium died--she had noticed they were missing. This was Chloe putting me on notice that I hadn't been pulling any fast ones over on her by just removing the fish and thinking she wouldn't notice they were missing. Apparently she did.


  • Matt had to go to Chicago for business and he returned yesterday...during the light snow fall that the weathermen reported. Hearing, "light snow fall" I thought nothing of it and Chloe and I went to pick up Matt from his flight yesterday afternoon. In what would normally be 30 minutes one way took us 2 hours. When Chloe's movie ended she than began to sing songs. She got a little creative and started re-mixing some songs and combining them with others she knew. Here are the lyrics to my favorite Chloe creation:

    Go Tell It On The Mountain,
    Over The Hills and Everywhere,
    Go Tell it on the Mountain, that Jesus Christ was Born.
    Go Tell It on The Mountain That Man I Feel Like a Woman!
    Dun, Dun, da dun, da dun dun. Woooo!


  • Chloe's favorite new phrase is "What say?" Literally every 3rd statement you make to her gets, "What say?" as the response. At first I thought she had hearing loss, but I have determined she has caught on to my family's annoying trait of "selective hearing" and has developed this statement now out of habit. Of course, it has entered Matt and my vernacular as we now say it to one another.

No comments