Aquarium

Saturday, August 02, 2008
Because the weather did not look like it would co-operate for the pool, Chloe and I chose to go here today-

Matt had an autocross event in southern Jersey, so Chloe and I had Saturday to ourselves. I had originally promised to take her to the pool, but I knew the weather wouldn't hold out--and I was right.

Since we joined the Wildli*fe Conser*vation Soc*iety two years ago, we have used our passes to the Br*onx Zoo and to the Cent*ral Pa*rk Zoo. We had never been to the aquarium. So, with rain on its way, I decided it would be the day to go.

The NY aquarium is on Con*ey Island and I couldn't help taking a stroll down the boardwalk while the weather was nice. I took a photo of Chloe in front of the "Wonder Wheel" ferris wheel as it is the centerpiece of one of her favorite Dan Zane songs.

As for the aquarium itself, its great. We got a sea lion show and all the outdoor sites before the rain. We managed to stay out of the rain for the rest of the time by going into the inside exhibits. Since we are members, its all free, so it was a great way to spend a Saturday.

Other than lunch, this is the only other item I spent money on at the aquarium...it was taken on the way in to the aquarium and since it was just Chloe and I, I had to have a picture to document the event.

Chloe on a model of a walrus. The real thing is to the right swimming behind six inches of glass.


Chloe coloring her aquarium button. It cost $1 to make but a nice lady who brought her 3 kids bought one for Chloe because her kids couldn't make up their minds which button they wanted and took a long time. She thought Chloe waited patiently.

No comments