The Zoo

Friday, August 01, 2008


I skipped boot camp Thursday (because while I feel like I have more stamina, I am generally so sore after boot camp that I feel like an 80 year old with more stamina) and took Chloe to the Bro*x Zoo instead.

One could easily spend all day here, but we didn't have all day so I made Chloe list the animals that she wanted to see the most. On her list: tigers and lions. Done. We also wanted to visit the new Madagascar! exhibit which opened this summer.

We are members of the zoo and get free parking, admission and access to all the extras, so I don't feel too bad about making a whirlwind trip through the zoo. It has been so hot lately that it wears Chloe out and spending more than a couple of hours at the zoo is more than she can handle anyway.

For spending less than 3-hours at the zoo we managed to squeeze in a lot. We visited the tigers, went through and saw all the animals in the African exhibit (including the lions), managed to drop some money on a stuffed lion in the gift shop, took a spin on the bug carousel, went through the Children's Zoo and did our favorite activities, visited the Madagascar! exhibit and even made it to the feeding of the sea lions. The only disappointment was that we didn't have time to go on the monorail to see the elephants and that the sky ride was closed (as almost always seems to be the case).

I uploaded some of the photos from the day. You can go here to see them close. I did buy a photo of Chloe on the bug carousel-I bought one two years ago when we came here with my best buds and their children. I wanted to compare the two. You can see the photo from two years ago here.

No comments