Random, but it was funny at the time

Thursday, April 16, 2009
Chloe talks and talks in the car. Its non-stop. Just for giggles and in the hope that maybe, just maybe I will be able to listen to the radio again in the car, I leave it turned on. Its simply background noise to the conversation that Chloe dictates that we have. On our way to school this morning Chloe was quizzing me as to whether I remembered the time we went to the science center with her school on a field trip. Of course I remembered, it was yesterday! (pictures to come soon) This doesn't matter to Chloe. She acts like it happened three years ago, "Do you remember when I put on a space suit and pretended to be an astronaut? Do you, do you really remember?" Uh, yea, if I don't I need a cat scan because something is seriously wrong---but you can't say that, that just gets her upset, so you play along like it happened a million years ago and you giggle and rehash events that just happened like literally a second ago.

So this is my usual morning ride to school with Chloe. As I said, we were reliving yesterday like it was 2 years ago when I can hear in the background what sounds like a Le*xus car commercial. At least it sounds like it is because it is the voice of the announcer. The one who has done all commercials since 1989. I'm listening to Chloe's questions and statements when I hear the announcer get bleeped out on the commericial. Did he just cuss? Is this a real commericial. Of course, I couldn't tell what I heard because I was playing 20 questions with Chloe.

After dropping Chloe off at pre-school I scanned the airwaves to hear what I thought I heard again. I was running an errand when the spot came on again. Its hilarious and I was hearing what I thought I heard with the exception that it is a Mit*subishi commercial. It features the voice of the original Le*xus announcer, who has done the commercial voice overs since 1989 and was recently replaced. He is now the voice for Mit*subishi and since he has such a recognizable voice they decided to take a little jab at Le*xus. I desperately tried to find the commercial on the internet but couldn't. There's lots on the internet about it though. If you hear it, listen to it (if you are able to).

No comments