Getting Schooled

Thursday, August 23, 2007

We got a nice taste of what is to come this past week thanks to our 6 and 8 year old nieces. It has been over 2 years since I was in a classroom and out of the loop of what is "in" with the pre-teen/teen crowd. Thanks to Gemma & Bryn, I am now back in the "know".

The saying is true, you don't know what you are missing (and frankly, I didn't miss it). I had heard of this and that, but didn't know it was the end all be all of tween cool. I had never heard of them but only just discovered that they live in a neighboring town. It wouldn't have meant anything had I not been schooled by my nieces.

I guess I have to start paying a little more attention as Chloe is getting older and taking more notice of things like that. She informed us this morning that Diego was her favorite person (fabulous to know we rank somewhere below a cartoon character in her world). And, yesterday while shopping Chloe broke into a dance while singing the chorus of "Breaking Free" from HSM2. Oy!

Next thing I know, she'll be requesting Radio Disney and these (no way).

1 comment

Anonymous said...

GO HOGS! Too funny. I gotta get me some of those gibbitz.