Random Razorbacks

Thursday, August 23, 2007
A randomly bizarre and completely coincidental happening occurred today that I had to share. I got a message on my answering machine from an old friend and colleague that I taught with back in Texas. Her daughter is entering the U of A as a freshman and wants to go through sorority rush. She wants me to write a letter of recommendation for her daughter to my sorority (of which I was President & Rush Chair so she's a shoo-in (ha!ha!)). Anyway, the message had me thinking about Rush, etc. and recalling my cheesy Rush photos I had professionally taken wearing my Razorback earrings and buttons (yes, a bit dorky, I admit). After my blast from the past, I go to the mailbox and find a letter to Chloe from my pal and sorority sister, Christi. I open the letter to find this inside:



Christi sent them as a gift to Chloe for not sending stickers for the pesky little sticker club letters I got suckered into sending out a few weeks ago. And, yes, they are way cuter than stickers and will look oh so adorable in Chloe's red crocs. And, more bizarre they are dead ringers for my Razorback earrings I wore in my Rush photo! I'm thinking maybe I will save these for Chloe's Rush photo in 15 years. I can see her now, in 15 year old Crocs, wearing 15 year old Razorback Jibbitzs! A sure-fire way to get her cut!


I just found it humorous that on one day in a place you rarely see anything Razorback related that these two random events came minutes apart. GO HOGS!

1 comment

Grant's Mom said...

Go Hawgs!! NO BRATS! LOL