In the News

Friday, May 09, 2008
A few months ago, Matt and I made friends with the owners of the local cooking school. Its two ladies who opened the school about 9 months ago. They host all sorts of cooking classes and are trying to build their business, especially in the children's cooking classes. One of the owner's of the school is adopted, and the night we met her she spoke in-depth to Matt and I about her life as an adoptee. She told us she wanted to meet Chloe and she got the chance to only a week later when Chloe's pre-school went on a field trip the cooking school. She loved Chloe and she called only a few days later to tell me that the local newspaper was going to feature the cooking school in the newspaper's magazine insert in the spring. The newspaper wanted to feature the children's cooking classes in the magazine but the time the newspaper wanted to take photos was not when they had any children's classes. She asked if I would be willing to bring Chloe in and cook with her at the school in a made-for-Chloe cooking class while a photographer took photos.

I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of the spring magazine to see what shot(s) were selected. Not realizing the magazine was in today's paper, I did what I usually do when the paper arrives, look at the front page. When I did, I realized that I was on the front page with two of my friends at a house tour. True, you really can't tell it is me, but hey, I know myself and so do my friends, who the proceeded to call and ask if I saw myself on the front page and if I saw Chloe in the magazine.

Yes, Chloe and I are all over the local paper today. I just love the photo of Chloe cooking (that's my hand BTW). So, for your viewing pleasure, here we are....




1 comment

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of Cloe. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying "hi", you know, we non-moms need to stick together;)