Golf Fever

Sunday, August 29, 2010
"Some dude gave me a golf ball!" Chloe announced as she walked back from the 6th green. That "dude" was PGA golfer Ryan Pa*lmer. Matt and I were more impressed than she was. We carefully guarded the ball during the rest of our family outing to The Ba*rclay's golf tournament today.

Golf has been on the brain for some time now. I've been volunteering and assisting in planning for The Barclay's since April. I volunteered as a committee chairperson for the event. It turned out to be a lot more work but a lot of fun too. I volunteered last year for the tournament but only worked as a regular volunteer. This year I decided to step it up a notch and take on some planning responsibility. In doing so, I would earn my charity, the Jun*ior Le*ague, a larger donation from the tournament. And, I have to admit that I was a little proud to see my name on the big board at the tournament as a Volunteer Chairperson. Chloe was impressed, finding my name on the board and declaring me famous. Hardly, but it was cute.

We spent the day walking around, sitting in the shade and following a few of our favorites. Chloe got to play two rounds of miniature golf in the spectator village. She's convinced herself she's a scratch mini-golfer and its time she move on to "the real game" as she stated. And, she wanted to jump in feet first to the big game of golf, demanding Matt take her to get her swing analyzed while we were at the tournament. Unfortunately, the wait was 45 minutes and we knew Oliver wouldn't be patient as we waited for his sister to have her swing critiqued and edited. We got a melt down from Chloe but we were able to make her happy again with the promise of hitting golf balls some time during the next week.

Chloe is enamoured with golf now. She wants her own clubs and she wants Matt to take her to the driving range not later in the week but like right now. Oh, she also wants me to keep volunteering for the tournament so she can be a standard bearer at the tournament. I love the enthusiasm.

I wish I had photos from the day and of Chloe squeezing up to the ropes with her Daddy to view the players but, no cameras or cell phones allowed. We plan on finding Chloe some junior golf clubs this week, so I hope to get some photos of her at the driving range with Matt.

No comments