Look Who's Walking

Thursday, August 26, 2010


and boy is he!! He started full-fledged walking while we were on vacation. He's very independent and wants to do it all on his own. Try and pick him up and interrupt the walking and you're going to get a tantrum (and you can hear the pitch in which he screams in this video--that's only an appetizer).

A local children's shoe store had a sale that began on Tuesday and we went to get Oliver his first real shoes. I think we may be banned from the store for life. By the time I made it to the register I had a scratch on my arm and my hair was disheveled. I looked good compared to the poor girl who helped fit Oliver's shoes. He wanted to cruise the store, not be held down and have some foot binders placed on his feet! He's worn Ro*beez and apart from ripping them off every chance he got he never actually walked in them. His first shoes have a flexible sole, but he doesn't like the feel. I have to keep reminding myself it's just a stage and he'll grow out of it before I know it. Until that time, I may be hiring the high school wrestling team to come and help me put his shoes and socks on. Lord grant me strength (literally).

1 comment

MommaT said...

Yay Oliver is walking...He is so handsome too!