NO, She's NOT Colorblind and YES, I Have Discussed "Mixing" Patterns With Her BUT...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
There was a time I had a well-dressed child. There was a time when I spent WAY too much money on clothes for that well-dressed child. As you can see, it has all come to an end.

My child now expresses her opinion and favors certain styles of clothes over others. I have to admit that for a while this REALLY bothered me and we butted heads A LOT. I realized that my tastes are NOT her tastes. She is an individual.

Now, with that said...what in the world is this outfit?!? I didn't say anything, I only snapped a photo with my phone as we were leaving the house (yes, she went to dinner in this outfit). This outfit represents Chloe's style and favorites. And, a few months ago I would have probably had a meltdown that she was even attempting to put this combination together, much less leave the house in it. Now, I'm not sweating it. In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? She likes it.

The Ensemble:

On her feet she's wearing her Heel*ys (you know the shoes with the wheel in the back). They're big a clunky looking and make her feet look enormous. She begged and begged for these shoes. I bought them on sale. She wore them with the wheel for 15 seconds before she removed it and never put them in again. That was about 7 months ago. She wears these shoes almost daily.

She's wearing one of her favorite pants, pink camouflage cargo pants. She's worn a hole in one of the knees. She proudly showed me that hole and told me it makes them looker better.

Her shirt is her orange Hawaiian shirt we got on the Big Island in February. It makes an appearance nearly every week (unless I hide it at the bottom of the dirty clothes---I have caught her digging in the dirty clothes in an attempt to find and wear it).

She's also wearing her purple and navy hoodie from one of my favorite children's brands (it washes well and lasts forever). This is probably one of the few "favorites" that we can both agree on.

The hair. She wants to grow her bangs out. I agreed. I clip her bangs out of her face EVERY MORNING. By lunchtime Chloe has declared the bobby pin or barrette has come out (yes, thanks to her pulling it out) and it looks like it does in the photo. This her father and I can't abide. It drives us both crazy. Its like talking to an Old English Sheepdog. We have an appointment this week with our hairstylist to get it sorted. The latest deal is that she has to wear it clipped out of her face ALL DAY or the bangs get cut. So far, so good.

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I hope she did not go to school dressed like this!

BeBe

Anonymous said...

I think her outfit rocks! Keep your individuality Chloe...

- Aunt D

scooping it up said...

we have kindred spirits. we are growing out bangs too, and the colors and pattern clashes run rampant in our house! So cute!