Happy Valentine's Day

Friday, February 14, 2014
Happy Valentine's Day! I think I get to spend most of the day shoveling out of 18 inches of snow! The kids were out of school two days this week for a pre-scheduled holiday (pretty good planning on the school district's part I might add because we are buried in snow and it would have been canceled).

I ordered/gathered all the supplies for the Oliver and Chloe's Valentine treats at school last month and then did my usual, forgot all about the supplies until Monday of this week when I realized that a)they wouldn't be in school on Valentine's Day and b) Chloe wouldn't be in Florida for any Valentine's party. With that knowledge I seemed to tuck away I packed a 24-pack of Pop Rocks in Chloe's suitcase for Florida (enjoy!) and that Oliver's pre-school class would be having their Valentine's celebration on Wednesday. That last tidbit was tucked safely away until I laid my head on the pillow at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday night--10 hours before the party.

Thanks to my 6 a.m. wake-up call from Emma Claire, I was up and at the Valentine's making on Wednesday morning.

The Valentine's Day treats from Oliver for his class.

The finished product--a shovel and M&M's. And, yes, I know Valentine's Day cards are a great opportunity for kids to practice their handwriting by writing their name and the name of each student in class but, I was short on time and the computer had to do it.

No comments