Flash-i-versary #3

Monday, October 05, 2009
Flash is a big boy now. He gained 22 lbs. in one month. I think I stated in a previous post that I thought he grew and inch a day, I wasn't too far off. He's 50 lbs. at 5 months old. Now we know why he acted like he was hungry all the time---because he was!

We started puppy training classes last week. It was strictly paperwork and a get to know the owner session. Flash goes to his first class in a few days.

Flash and Lizzie wrestle and play now. They are bonded. Lizzie still has the upper hand, though not for long. Last week Lizzie gave Flash a nip on the muzzle at feeding time and he got a boo-boo that bled. He didn't act bothered by it, I was the one who got upset. Its healed now but I have to separate them even further away at meal times now. We tried feeding one dog inside the house and the other outside but whichever dog was inside the house would refuse to eat and scratch at the back door and vice versa.

Flash's latest trick is to be every where you are. He should have been a lap dog. If you stop and pause for one second he will plunk down on your foot. Good luck moving him after that. Your foot is now his pillow.

I have included two videos of Flash and I playing with "orange man"--a squeaky ball with feet. I think they capture Flash's personality--goofy (where he keeps dropping the ball) and sassy (where he talks (a.k.a barks) back). I had hoped to capture him doing his somersaults. Yes, he flips end over end when going for orange man, but after having done it 5 times before, once I went to grab the camera he would do it no more.

Video #1--The Talk Back (when I say "no bite" he's trying to nip the ball out of my hand, NOT really bite me---just wanted to clear that up)



Video #2--Goofy Flash



No comments