Hey, That's My Dog!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Today during lunch, I let the dogs outside to do their business. It was raining. Rain isn't very popular among the canine crowd at our house. It wasn't raining hard but it took some coaxing to get Flash outside, but he went. I shut the back door, put lunch on the table and heard Lizzie "yep" at the back door to be let back in. Only a minute and a half had passed. I opened the back door and only saw Lizzie. I called for Flash, he didn't come. I walked into the back yard. No Flash. I turned back towards the door to see the side gate wide open. Panic struck. I yelled inside the house to Chloe that I had to go find Flash. I ran out through the open gate and there I saw a blue Ford SUV with a lady trying to stuff Flash in the back seat of her car. I ran to the car, told her it was my puppy and thanks for stopping him. She didn't let go of him but said, "I would have called when I got home." I told her thanks again and grabbed his collar and pulled him away and walked him back inside the house. I was so happy that he didn't go far and that she stopped him. But, then it struck me as odd---why was she trying to stuff my dog in the back seat of her SUV when she HAD to have seen him run from our yard? Literally, only a minute and a half had passed when I discovered the gate was open. She was also parked right in front of the open gate. Flash is microchiped and he also wears a colllar with a tag stating his name, address and phone number on it. She was on the street he lived on, in front of the house he lived at. I know it was raining and no one would enjoy trying to find a stray dog's house in the rain, but would you prefer it to shoving a unknown 55 lb. wet dog in your car, taking him home and then calling the owner? As I thought about it more, I became more freaked out. I think she was trying to steal my dog! I am just so happy that Lizzie alerted me and that I went outside when I did. Alls well that ends well and Flashy is safe inside with me. Of course, I am now a nervous wreck and have been waiting with the dogs in the middle of the yard when I let them out.

Chloe was happy to have him back too. So happy she decided to put on her stormtrooper outfit to protect Flash.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! I finally found your blog spot again! I have heard when I go to my vets that Flash is doing great! How scary for you to see someone trying to put him in your car! Unfortunately that goes on alot! Glad he is safe with you! He looks great in his picture! Hope all is well!
Suzanne Montgomery