Progress

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


I've been busy trying to get the projects we want to complete completed before Oliver's arrival. I had it all planned out, but its easier said than done. The weather and tradesmen seem to be blocking my best laid plans.


For the last week and a half our basement has been under construction. We had a built-in entertainment center put in and then I painted the entertainment center (It seems painters are busy people in our area). Today the carpet is being replaced and then hopefully next week our new sleeper sofa will arrive. That leaves organizing, which is a big project in and of itself. Does one kid really need this many toys? Seriously!

This week also starts the construction of our new book cases in the living room. The old ones were torn out on Monday. I now have a dirty, blank wall and a room full of books. Once that project is done a painted we can move on to Oliver's room.


Update: At the request of my mother.... Below is a photo of the entertainment center painted. The cabinet hardware needs to be installed & the paint on the wall touched up (I'm a little messy). The carpet just got finished getting installed. Of course, I won't be keeping the paint & paint rollers on the top shelf and Matt will be sorting out the speakers. Now I just have to get rid of the old sofa and glass entertainment center. It also appears my little point and shoot camera is broken (lens won't open all the way).



Below is a photo of what my living room looks like today.



No comments