Insta-Friday

Friday, May 20, 2011
Rain, rain go away...we want to go outside and play. Rain, humidity and dreariness all week. Yuck! That means we have spent 98% of our week indoors and being indoors just doesn't cut it for the little man. He's a giant ball of energy and he needs to be outdoors to release some energy.  He never has paid attention to the TV, but by chance Ti*Vo tuned into Yo Ga*bba Ga*bba and what do you know? Oliver actually sat still for the entire show! Whoa!


He finally sleeps! Naps have been non-existent this week. Oliver hasn't wanted to nap...that is until 10 minutes before we have to leave the house to pick up Chloe from school. Seriously?
It was rainy and cool on Sunday so I whipped up a double batch of Shepherd's Pie (one for dinner that evening and one for the freezer). I've been dieting and wasn't planning on partaking in the pie. Knowing this I added a little more butter and some cheese to the top of the mashed potatoes. Enjoy family!


And, continuing with my diet theme of making really fatty foods that I know I won't eat because I can't have them...I bought an ice cream maker this week. Chloe was a little disappointed to learn that we had to freeze the bowl before actually making the ice cream. I went to the store, spent $60 on ingredients only to find out that what Chloe wants to make is not what I bought. Back to the store again....

Chloe's school celebrated Teacher Appreciation this week. As class mom I was in charge of organizing the gifts so I had to get my crafty on with help from Chloe. We bought a gerbera daisy and used cardstock to craft a pinwheel.
 And then we gathered notes and drawings from all the students in class and put them in a crafty book. I was so proud of myself for tuning into my inner craftiness!

2 comments

Jeannett said...

a soft serve maker??? soooo cool.

kara noel @ Eli's Lids said...

Boys = energy! I don't know if our family could survive if we had to be cooped up for too long. On a recent rainy day I had my lil' guy run up and down the stairs... pathetic but it worked!
Your teacher giftie turned out a-mazing!!