InstaFriday

Friday, May 13, 2011
GRRRRR...I had this all loaded and when I hit "publish" Blogger deleted it instead. Must be Friday the 13th. This is my first participation in Insta-Friday. I think it is a great idea that gives a glimpse into our everyday. I don't carry my big Nikon around but I always have my iPhone handy to capture the everyday and mundane! So here goes....

My week started out with this package sent back from USCIS. I FINALLY got around to sending in all the documents for Oliver's Citizenship Certificate last week. All of this stuff has been sitting in the office at home for several months and after a conversation with the Social Security Administration that they wouldn't accept Oliver as a citizen of the U.S. without this piece of paper (a NJ birth certificate isn't good enough) I got on the ball and mailed it in. But, it got sent back. Seems I had printed an old form from before the fee increased. I sent in $420 and should have sent in $550----for a piece of paper (an important piece of paper, I know, but c'mon). It's all been taken care of and hopefully the next piece of mail I get from the USCIS will have Oliver's Citizenship Certificate in it.



We got the boat out of storage from our friend Paul's farm. It was winterized---that explains the blue tarp. The boat now sits in our driveway, much to our neighbors, our landscaper and the garbage men's displeasure. Chloe has been pestering me all week to go out on the boat. I tried to explain to her that it may be warm enough to wear shorts (between the hours of 12 p.m. - 5 p.m., other times its too cool) but its NOT warm enough to go swimming in a lake.


Chloe had her bridging ceremony this week. She moved from Daisies to Brownies. Her troop held the ceremony in her school's environmental center and they crossed the bridge to get their Brownie sash. Chloe was SO PROUD of her sash that she wore it to her orthodontist appointment (yes, my child is 6 and is already at the orthodontist--a post for another day). Chloe asked me to tell her about my bridging ceremony to Brownies. I had to explain that we started in Brownies and Daisies didn't exist when I was a little girl.


I came home from the nursery to find this enormous box in front of our house. It seems Chloe told BeBe that she likes to play basketball (news to me) and what Chloe wants, BeBe gets. The box is so huge & heavy that I can't dispose of it hide it easily. Chloe already saw it when she came home from school where I "hid" it on the side of the house. Looks like we will be putting up a regulation basketball goal for Chloe's birthday. Thanks BeBe!
The weather this week has been nice---mid-70s---and I've gotten to do some gardening.

Our vegetable garden is coming along.


I have been nursing our one watermelon seedling along. Chloe loves yellow watermelon, which is not something you find very easily in the produce section of your store or at a farmstand for that matter. So, Chloe demanded we grow our own. The northeast isn't really known for its watermelons for a reason. I hope this works!

We fenced off the play area and the garden from the dogs. It always seemed that our kid's shoes could find the one remaining, hidden dog poo that we missed picking up. Now, half the yard is dog poo free and the shoes thank us.

2 comments

gin said...

nice post of your week in pictures. that's funny about the dog poo.

Jeannett said...

Sooooo exciting about being one step closer!!!!