Birthday Celebration at School

Tuesday, June 10, 2008


Today was Chloe's birthday celebration at pre-school. She got to wear a Happy Birthday sticker and a crown for the entire class. I was the co-oping mom. In celebration, we brought a special snack to share with Chloe's classmates...Dun*in Donu*ts in the shape of the number 4.

Chloe was very excited to celebrate her birthday and wanted to hurry through all the typical class activities and get straight to her party. I was eager to get to the party too as it was 97 degrees outside today and the school only has window box units, making it about 80 in the classroom. The strawberry and chocolate glaze on the donuts was melting!

Eventually Chloe did get her party and the donuts were a big hit, with the exception of two girls who wanted cheese and crackers. They got denied and given a donut in a baggie of which I am certain that they scarfed down once they were in the car. I've co-oped enough in the last two years to know you can't win for trying with kids this age.

I've posted two photos from the day--the one at the top of the posting is of Chloe before she blows out her candles and the one below is of Chloe and her 2 pre-school teachers. As luck would have it, the view window on my D80 Nikon stopped working and it had to go in for repair. All I had to take photos today (and on Chloe's party on Saturday) is my little Canon digital. The pictures didn't come out well.

No comments