Busy Partying

Monday, June 09, 2008
Even though I welcome the arrival of the warmer weather in Spring, I really do come to despise the season because it is so hectic. It seems every event and meeting is delayed until Spring's arrival and then it all fills up the calendar until the arrival of summer.

For the last two months I have had either a meeting, a dinner or a banquet every night except Friday night. I am tired of meetings, pass-downs, parties and banquets. I am worn out! Chloe is truly tired of her babysitter from seeing her so much and Matt is worn out from re-arranging his work schedule to accomodate my meetings.

I know much of the busy calendar is my fault, due to my commiting myself to serve on the Board of Directors on two different organizations. But, seriously, spring seems to be a mad dash to the end of the school year, filling the calendar until everyone escapes from exhaustion to vacation.

Luckily, everything seems to be winding down. I only have three meetings this week and none next week (I hope) and one the following. The break couldn't come at a better time as we are approaching Chloe's 4th birthday and her party--one party we are eagerly anticipating.

This will be Chloe's first party with school friends and playgroup friends. All of her other birthday parties have been with family. We made the decision many months ago to have her party at a cooking school who specializes in children's cooking class. Chloe was their "model" in a local publication last month for their children's classes. So, it seemed like a no-brainer to have the party there. It also ties in nicely that Chloe and I have begun making her bento-box lunches. I am new to the game, but I am getting more creative in making Chloe's lunches into something cute and fun that she wants to eat and try.

Chloe is very excited about her party and now that all my meetings and parties are coming to a close, I can focus on her party. Tomorrow is her birthday celebration at pre-school and I will co-op and bring Dun*in Donu*s in the shape of the number 4 for the party. DD is always a big hit in this area and you can't go wrong.

About a month ago I sent out Chloe's invites. They were designed and created for us by a lady on E*ay. They came out really cute. (I deleted out the location and telephone numbers to post on the blog.)

As part of the goodies given to the children for attending the party, we are giving them bento boxes. Inside, they will have crayons in the shape of cooking utensils. I purchase two colors of bento boxes, blue for the boys and pink for the girls.


A completed (boys) bento box/goody box.

A gift tag I also had designed to tie on to the bento box/goody box.


So, all is on its way for a great party for Chloe's 4th birthday. BeBe comes in in a few days and so does Aunt Deanna (who actually visited this weekend on her way to Maine). I am sure party pics will fill the blog on Sunday.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! What a fun looking party- I will keep that in mind for future occassions in our family. And sorry, I think I added a meeting to your free week next week!