Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary

Friday, June 20, 2008
Our wedding day photo. Chloe commented that I "shouldn't close my eyes when you get married!". While I informed her that it just looks like my eyes are closed, they were fully open.

Ten years ago today, at 7:30 p.m., Matt and I were married at the Dallas Arboretum in 100+ degree temperatures. I was too overjoyed to notice the extreme heat or that the caterers and the florist were scrambling to keep the three-tiered buttercream wedding cake from melting and toppling over. My memories of the day are of the beautiful sunset over White Rock Lake (which was the backdrop) and the DeGoyer Estate where we were married. I remember my father's classic toast, "I turn over all financial responsibility of my daughter to you" and my cousin telling me that I should be concerned because "the cheese on the buffet was mildewed"--It was stilton.

But mostly I remember it as being my "dream wedding" at the place I so adored in my hometown to an Englishman I loved dearly and still do.

Ten years down the road, though I didn't imagine some of the twists and turns, I am still in love and looking forward to the next ten years together.

We always said we would return to Vienna for our 10th, the place where we were engaged. We returned their to celebrate our 5th and maybe we will return their for our 15th or 20th, when we can celebrate without toddlers in tow.

For this anniversary we will celebrate with dinner here and as a gift to ourselves we have decided to start planning a nice family vacation to Australia.



No comments