Girl's Weekend & Daddy/Daughter Weekend

Monday, May 18, 2009

I went away this weekend with 7 other ladies to The Hamptons. It wasn't all fun and games as we all serve on the Board of Director's of the Junio*r Lea*gue and we did actually take care of some business. The outgoing President has a home in South*ampton and we got to walk on the swank side for a brief time. We walked town, gossiped and got dressed up to have dinner at the swank/hip spot of the moment. While it was a good night out, it cost me $75 to eat dinner. I had two drinks, an entree and a coffee (no appetizer, no dessert). Just a bit way overpriced.

Matt and Chloe spent the weekend together doing some Daddy/Daughter bonding. In an effort to get out of Dodge and get to the beach house, I forgot that it was teddy bear Sunday at church. When Matt and Chloe arrived at church on Sunday, Chloe was sans bear and apparently disgruntled. When it was children's time during the service, Chloe took advantage of speaking into the microphone and telling the whole congregation that her mom was out of town and her daddy forgot her teddy bear. Poor Daddy.

Unfortunately I managed to take the camera and not take one photo of the weekend. The definite highlight of the weekend though was getting to talk to Chloe on the telephone. I had never done it before as I never left her overnight without me. She has the cutest stinkin' voice on the phone if I say so myself. It made me smile ear to ear.

As I returned from home on Sunday and made my way off Long Is*land across the various bridges with the views of NYC to the left, it made me smile---would I have ever thought four years ago that I would be coming back from a girl's weekend in the Hamp*tons driving through NYC on my way to my home? NO. It's pretty cool I must say or I am just easily impressed.

No comments