Crafty

Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Perhaps it is the lack of sleep or the longer days and sunshine that is driving me to get out the glue gun and fire it up. Its been a while.

Arts & Crafts--not such a big thing in the NYC 'burbs. Antiques, high-end furniture, yes. Craft stalls and cutesy tchotchkes, no. So, when my mom alerted me to the latest craft rage in Dallas, poly mesh, it didn't take long to find inspiration. Finding the material was a different story but with a little time on the Internet I found a distributor. I purchased the poly mesh in several colors and several forms for making the wreath.

My first wreath was a St. Patrick's Day wreath. It is currently on our front door.

Next, I set to work on an Easter wreath. Here's what I used:
poly-mesh
A cheap, straw wreath
different Easter decorations from the craft store

I cut the poly-mesh into strips and tied it to the wreath. I also added some ribbon.


I then hot glued the bunny face on to the wreath. I am sure that I will add and rearrange this wreath before it officially goes on the door, but here's what I have so far.

And then, I kept going...

and going....



I think I need more doors.

In the spirit of craftiness, and to take a break from wreaths, I made Chloe a new "To-Do" dry erase board for her door. I bought a cheap, white picture frame and inserted a dry erase square on top of the glass. I then embellished with vinyl letters and some sticker dots. Lets wait and see if Chloe notices!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I will buy!!!!!